Monday, May 1, 2023

Chris Bumstead's Classic Leg Split

By Chris Bumstead

Four-Time Classic Physique Olympia Champion

My leg workouts are shorter and more intense, and I get more out of them. I definitely recommend splitting your leg workouts up like this if you haven’t tried it yet.

Q: What is your current split, and is there any special reason it’s arranged the way it is?

A: This is what I am doing at the moment:

Day 1: Quads

Day 2: Chest

Day 3: Back

Day 4: OFF

Day 5: Hams

Day 6: Delts and arms

Day 7: OFF

I wanted to hit every body part once a week plus give myself two full days off from weights. In addition to working arms on their own day, I usually do a little bit for triceps with chest, and some biceps after back. That’s because my arms suck and they need to grow.

The biggest change here from what I’ve been doing until now was splitting up legs into two different workouts for quads and hams. It’s the best decision I ever made. Now I realize my hamstrings were never getting the best workouts they could have had that whole time. I used to stress out about leg day, because it was such a long and demanding workout. Your legs are half of your body; why would you do all that in one session? It doesn’t make sense, but I did it and I think most people do it. That’s why so many people have lagging hamstring development. By the time you’re done with the big compound movements like squats and leg presses, you don’t have enough left in the tank to work hamstrings properly. Now, my leg workouts are shorter and more intense, and I get more out of them. I definitely recommend splitting your leg workouts up like this if you haven’t tried it yet. If your hamstrings don’t match your quads, this is probably the only way they ever will. I doubt there are too many people who can sustain their energy and intensity, not to mention focus, for long enough to get through great workouts for both the quads and the hams in one session. My hams weren’t weak, but I have already seen some improvement in them.

Instagram @cbum

cbumfitness.com

Twitter @c_bumstead

YouTube @ChrisBumstead

The post Chris Bumstead’s Classic Leg Split appeared first on FitnessRX for Men.

Read More


--------------------


By: Team FitRx
Title: Chris Bumstead’s Classic Leg Split
Sourced From: www.fitnessrxformen.com/training/chris-bumsteads-classic-leg-split/
Published Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 19:05:07 +0000




No comments:

Post a Comment