Monday, July 10, 2023

Peptides: Do They Live Up to the Hype?

Limitless Bodybuilding

By PJ Braun

I am really surprised on the popularity of peptides among some of the more advanced fitness freaks in prison. I have fielded a ton of questions on the subject lately, so I figured this would be a good topic for this month’s column. Let me first say that when I was competing, no one that I knew was really using peptides yet. It wasn’t until shortly after I retired that it seemed like peptide companies popped up more and more. At one point, I had a well-known chemist Trevor Kouritzin on my podcast to break stuff down and he said many of them were overrated, which bummed a lot of people out. Trevor is a man whose knowledge I have always trusted and was happy to have his opinion on my show. So here is what I decided to do now. I am going write about what the peptide experts are saying and what I know from personal experience.

Semaglutide/GLP-1 Agonists. This one really does work. I used Semaglutide for about a month and I was eating plenty and still losing fat. You have probably seen commercials for these products and have not even realized it. In clinical trials, subjects were routinely losing 15 percent of their bodyweight. This has become very popular in mainstream society to reduce appetite, promote fat loss, and rebalance your metabolism.

Humanin. Can’t say that I know much about this one, but it’s derived from the mitochondria and may revitalize the carbohydrate and fat metabolism.

PT-141 binds to receptors in the brain that are believed to be a central nervous system hub for sexual arousal and libido. I was offered this one a few times to try with Marissa and it’s supposed to be amazing for women, but it just sounded like too much BS to me. I am curious to find some people who can back the hype up because who doesn’t love to enhance their sex life no matter how good it may be!

BPC-157 may repair speedy recovery from ligament tears and rotator cuff issues. I really wanted this one to work for me. I took it orally and noticed nothing. I don’t know how good the quality was at the time and would be interested in trying it again from a high-quality source. A side note is this peptide is shown to produce outstanding results in treating gut problems.

Sermorelin and Tesamorelin mimic the action of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). The big one with this is they are much cheaper to obtain than synthetic growth hormone and can be legally prescribed off-label. I had one doctor tell me that comparing these peptides to synthetic GH was like comparing a bicycle to a crotch rocket, and that was enough to steer me clear. However, I am very interested on what others have to say.

Ipamorelin mobilizes stored body fat for fuel, improves muscle mass, and speeds recovery. I actually used this one but while taking a few other things into consideration at the time, mainly the stress of getting ready to come to prison, I can’t give accurate feedback.

Melanotan-I darkens your skin by stimulating the production of melanin. Basically, it’s a tan without being in the sun and it absolutely works. I have tried it but for me, I got very nauseous after each injection. I tried doing it on an empty stomach or with food and no matter what, I got sick and that was a turnoff. It’s said to also give great erections, but I never noticed that. This is certainly a much safer way to get tan than baking in the sun all day.

There are over 80 peptides legally approved by the FDA, but these are just the ones I am most familiar with. It’s something I am going to entertain more when I am free again. As far as HRT goes, nothing will surpass the importance and overall benefit of testosterone replacement therapy – but by adding in peptides, you may be able to really enhance your body’s immunity, recovery, and ability to thrive as you age. It’s very important that you talk to your doctor at whatever hormone replacement clinic you work with and stay away from black-market sources. I think that online pharmacies will soon be shut down because you can’t trust what you are going to get out there. I have found that they are readily available at any HRT spot or compounding pharmacy, so stay with a safe and reputable option.

I promise to keep educating myself more and more and tying it in to my personal struggles, experiences, and successes for you guys. If there is anything you are really interested in, please DM the @pjbraunfitness Instagram or just let my friends at MD know. I love that I can have a voice with MD and until next time, please don’t forget I love you all! Peace out, bye!

Instagram @pjbraunfitness

blackstonelabs.com

Instagram @blackstone_labs

The post Peptides: Do They Live Up to the Hype? appeared first on FitnessRX for Men.

Read More


--------------------


By: Team FitRx
Title: Peptides: Do They Live Up to the Hype?
Sourced From: www.fitnessrxformen.com/nutrition/supplements/peptides-do-they-live-up-to-the-hype/
Published Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 21:29:20 +0000




No comments:

Post a Comment